Acrobatic & Aerial Teacher (ongoing)
Box Office Supervisor (closes August 17)
Office Manager (closes August 22)
Acrobatic & Aerial Teacher
Experienced lead teachers and teaching assistants are needed for a variety of classes, camps, and special events such as birthday parties and community outreach. Teachers needed for youth and adult classes in the following disciplines: Tumbling, partner acrobatics, single-point dance trapeze, aerial silks, hoop (lyra), invented aerial apparatus, physical theater, ensemble building and collaboration, dance, strength & conditioning, other skills as appropriate.
ETC teachers strive to foster an environment of success and mutual support, recognizing the individual strengths of each student and celebrating our potential as movers,creators, and collaborators. Teachers will ensure the safety of students at all times. As appropriate, teachers will communicate with parents or guardians to ensure best possible outcomes in the class environment and communicate with administrative staff regarding equipment, enrollment, logistics and administrative issues.
- Creative movement experience as described above
- Teaching experience in any setting
- Experience working with youth
- CPR certification is desirable, required for solo teaching.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be active, including lifting 50 pounds, walking, squatting, jumping
Hours and pay
Starting pay depends on experience, but generally begins at $15/ hour. ETC teachers are able to attend workouts and conditioning classes free of charge and receive one free class card per term. Hours vary by term, but generally range from 2 to 15 hours per week. Classes may take place from 7 am to 9pm every day of the week, with the bulk of programming in the afternoon and evenings Monday to Saturday.
Box Office Manager
The Box Office Manager manages all front of house functions for Echo Theater Company’s two professional shows and two student productions in the spring. They may also have the opportunity to manage front of house for other Echo Theater Company special events throughout the year.
The Box Office Manager is responsible for scheduling, training, and supervision of ushers for each Echo Theater Company show. They will maintain accurate box office statements and cash settlements for every performance. This position supervises the conversion of the Echo Theater space from a school to a performance venue and back again post performance. This position will need to complete responsibilities accurately and with no direct supervision on performance days.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles which apply to deposit preparation, daily reports and balancing of ledger accounts.
- Knowledge of Arts People or similar ticketing system.
- Volunteer management experience preferred.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations in a positive manner and remain calm under stressful conditions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to accurately manage/oversee sales flows through the box office.
- Ability to lift acrobatic mats and folding chairs.
Hours and pay
Starting pay begins at $17/ hour. This is a part-time exempt position. The ETC Box Office Manager is able to attend workouts and conditioning classes free of charge and receive two free class cards per fiscal year. Hours vary by show, but generally range from 5-6 hours per performance. ETC professional shows are two weekends and youth company shows are one weekend of performances.
This is an on-site part time position that will be three- four days a week. We are seeking an individual that is extremely organized and has great attention to detail; must be a self-starter and good at working independently. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices, general record keeping and filing systems, and basic mathematics.
- At least 2 year’s experience preferred in accounting or related field, especially with payroll administration.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly; this office uses Arts People, Google Apps for Business, MS Office, Macs, and PCs.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Produce purchase Orders, Vendor payables, record Deposits
- Processing bi-weekly payroll + quarterly SAIF reporting
- Reconcile accounts monthly
- Work with Associate School Director on setting up new class terms,
- Responsible for ticket and retail pricing data entry.
- Chart of Accounts setup as needed/report processing/ P & L with outside bookkeeper.
- Manage basic HR tasks, like new hire paperwork.
- Assist as needed with activities such as:
- Answer office telephone and forward calls as appropriate
- Create or update documents and spreadsheets
- Track and order office supply and retail inventory
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours and pay
Starting pay begins at $18/ hour, depending on experience. This is a part-time non-exempt position. Hours will range from 24-28/week. General office hours are from 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday, however there is flexibility on the workweek for this position. Employer paid health insurance is available after 90 days. Echo Theater Company employees are able to attend workouts and conditioning classes free of charge and receive one free class per term.
To apply send your resume, cover letter and three references to hiring [at] echotheaterpdx [dot] org, 971-267-ECHO, or 1515 SE 37th Ave, Portland, OR 97214