1. Administrative Assistant
2. Acrobatic & Aerial Teacher
Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Administrative Assistant is the friendly face who greats our parents, answers phones and email correspondence and assists with bookkeeping. We are a small team so this person will assist our School Director, Creative Director, Bookkeeper and Executive Director.
- School Administration, such as: Layout of the school schedule, creation and maintenance of classes in our database, Arts People, answer enrollment questions and enroll students for classes, send out class reminders, check students in for the first day of classes, print roll sheets, make name tags, and update student records.
- Marketing Tasks, such as: Assist with content for the website, create and maintain a regular window display, create school and special event handouts, and fliers.
- Office Tasks, such as: Answer telephones and forward calls as appropriate, manage email communication from the general ETC email address, support cross-program communication; create or update documents, spreadsheets and maintain calendars; data entry; assist with tracking program and office supply inventory.
- Assist the Bookkeeper as necessary with: Accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoice reconciliation, and communication of payroll and other financial information as needed to our bookkeeping and accounting service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems, and basic mathematics.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly; this office uses Arts People, MailChimp, Google Apps for Business, MS Office, and Photoshop on both Macs, and PCs.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices, a bonus.
Hours and salary compensation:
Pay starts at $12/ hour. This position reports to the Education Director. Echo Theater Company employees are able to attend workouts and conditioning classes free of charge, and receive one free class per term. Hours are 24 hours/week, although the schedule will be dependent and variable based on program needs. The office is located at Echo Theater. General office hours are from 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday. Echo Theater has wheelchair accessible facilities, other accommodations possible.
Acrobatic & Aerial Teacher
Experienced lead teachers and teaching assistants are needed for a variety of classes, camps, and special events such as birthday parties and community outreach. Teachers needed for youth and adult classes in the following disciplines: Tumbling, partner acrobatics, single-point dance trapeze, aerial silks, hoop (lyra), invented aerial apparatus, physical theater, ensemble building and collaboration, dance, strength & conditioning, other skills as appropriate.
ETC teachers strive to foster an environment of success and mutual support, recognizing the individual strengths of each student and celebrating our potential as movers,creators, and collaborators. Teachers will ensure the safety of students at all times. As appropriate, teachers will communicate with parents or guardians to ensure best possible outcomes in the class environment and communicate with administrative staff regarding equipment, enrollment, logistics and administrative issues.
- Creative movement experience as described above
- Teaching experience in any setting
- Experience working with youth
- CPR certification is desirable, required for solo teaching.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be active, including lifting 50 pounds, walking, squatting, jumping
hours and pay
Starting pay depends on experience, but generally begins at $15/ hour. ETC teachers are able to attend workouts and conditioning classes free of charge and receive one free class card per term. Hours vary by term, but generally range from 2 to 15 hours per week. Classes may take place from 7 am to 9pm every day of the week, with the bulk of programming in the afternoon and evenings Monday to Saturday.
To apply to either position, send your resume, cover letter and three references to hiring [at] echotheaterpdx [dot] org, 503-231-1232, or 1515 SE 37th Ave, Portland, OR 97214