Current open positions:
Administrative Assistant – Seasonal office helper needed!
This position will primarily be assisting the ETC School by answering phones, welcoming students, and handling email correspondence. The schedule is Monday and Friday mornings, with a third morning to be scheduled. The season will be from date of hire through January 10, 2020. Please see more details regarding the position below.
The Administrative Assistant is the friendly face who greats our parents, answers phones and email correspondence. We are a small team so this person will assist our School Director primarily but may assist the Associate School Director, or Office Manager as needed.
- School Administration, such as: Answer enrollment questions and enroll students for classes, check students in for the first day of classes, print roll sheets, make name tags, and update student records.
- Marketing Tasks, such as: Create and maintain a regular window display, create school and special event handouts, and fliers.
- Office Tasks, such as: Answer telephones and forward calls as appropriate, manage email communication from the general ETC email address, create or update documents, spreadsheets and maintain calendars; data entry
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems, and basic mathematics.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly; this office uses Arts People, Google Apps for Business, and MS Office. We use both Mac and PCs.
Hours and salary compensation:
Pay range is $14-16 hour. This position reports to the Education Director. Echo Theater Company employees are able to attend workouts and conditioning classes free of charge and receive one free class per term. Hours are 12-14 hours/week, and to be scheduled 8:30am – Noon. The office is located at Echo Theater. Echo Theater has wheelchair accessible facilities, other accommodations possible.
Experienced lead teachers and teaching assistants are needed for a variety of classes, camps, and special events such as birthday parties and community outreach. Teachers needed for youth and adult classes in the following disciplines: Tumbling, partner acrobatics, single-point dance trapeze, aerial silks, hoop (lyra), invented aerial apparatus, physical theater, ensemble building and collaboration, dance, strength & conditioning, other skills as appropriate.
ETC teachers strive to foster an environment of success and mutual support, recognizing the individual strengths of each student and celebrating our potential as movers,creators, and collaborators. Teachers will ensure the safety of students at all times. As appropriate, teachers will communicate with parents or guardians to ensure best possible outcomes in the class environment and communicate with administrative staff regarding equipment, enrollment, logistics and administrative issues.
- Creative movement experience as described above
- Teaching experience in any setting
- Experience working with youth preferred
- CPR certification is desirable, required for solo teaching.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be active, including lifting 50 pounds, walking, squatting, jumping
Hours and pay
Starting pay depends on experience, but generally begins at $15/ hour. ETC teachers are able to attend workouts and conditioning classes free of charge and receive one free class card per term. Hours vary by term, but generally range from 2 to 15 hours per week. Classes may take place from 7 am to 9pm every day of the week, with the bulk of programming in the afternoon and evenings Monday to Saturday.
To apply to any of the above positions, please send your resume, cover letter and three references to hiring [at] echotheaterpdx [dot] org, 971-267-ECHO, or 1515 SE 37th Ave, Portland, OR 97214. The office is located at Echo Theater. General office hours are from 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday. Echo Theater has wheelchair accessible facilities, other accommodations possible.