Adult Open Gym Schedule
ADULT OPEN GYM:
Fridays, 7:30 – 9:30pm (no open gym 1/19, 1/26, 2/23, 3/2)
Sundays, 6:30 – 8:00pm (no open gym 1/7, 1/14, 2/18)
Come train with amazing people in this supervised open gym. Acro and aerial training welcome. Students must have completed a full term of Level 1 or pass an assessment test. Drop-in only.
Family Open Gym Schedule (Ages 4 - Adult)
FAMILY OPEN GYM (AGES 4-ADULT):
Fridays, 6:00 – 7:30pm (no open gym 1/19, 1/26, 2/23, 3/2)
Practice your skills and play together in this supervised circus open gym for all ages. Moms, dads, sibling, aunts, uncles, and family friends are invited to fly together on trapeze, silks, and invented apparatus! Obstacle course, mats, and juggling toys available for all!
Kids under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Please arrive on time, as we will begin with a led warm up and explanation of safety guidelines. Tuition is for each individual student, regardless of age. Returning/currently enrolled students only.
OPEN GYM POLICY
Echo Theater’s open gym offers an opportunity for established students to train on their own, without instruction, to build strength & flexibility, solidify existing skills and build performance skills at their own pace.
To attend open gym, students must either:
- Have completed a full term of ETC classes (Trapeze & Acro, Aerial & Acro, Mixed Aerial, Into the Air!, Yes You Can, or Partner Acro)
- Successfully complete a skills assessment.
Students may only use apparatus they have been assessed on or taken a term of study in.
Under no circumstances may a student perform their own rigging. Only instructors may perform rigging. Communicate with the open gym supervisor to request any changes in apparatus.
Although there is a trained ETC instructor present at all times, this is not an opportunity for instruction from staff or from other students. Students are responsible for their own warm up, conditioning, and general safety at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate proper stretching/warming up and cool down
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of personal limitations of knowledge & abilities
Rope & silks
- 2 upside down straddles without touching the rope/fabric
- Basic rope/silk climb to top and down twice (no thuds down)
Trapeze, lyra, invented apparatus
- Controlled mount and dismount to standing on trapeze and lyra
- Controlled step step kick turn
- Catchers’ hang
- Thigh stand (controlled, unspotted, no wobble)
- Cathedral (controlled, unspotted, no wobble
Solo ground work
- Cartwheel, kick up to handstand, and forward roll.
- For canes: kick up to a controlled handstand alignment & cartwheel out safely on ground.