Current open positions:
Instructor - Echo West
INSTRUCTOR: ECHO WEST
Reports to: Education Director
Employment Status: hourly
Salary: $18 – $30/hr, depending on experience
Experienced instructors and assistant instructors are needed for a variety of classes, camps, and special events such as birthday parties and community outreach. Instructors needed for youth, teen, adult and family classes in the following disciplines: Tumbling, partner acrobatics, hand-balancing, contortion, single-point dance trapeze, aerial fabric (silks), sling, hoop (lyra), dance, juggling, pole, straps, aerial yoga, parent/child circus, physical theater, ensemble building, collaboration and performance skills, other skills as appropriate.
Echo teaching staff strive to foster an inclusive environment of mutual support, recognizing the individual strengths of each student and celebrating our potential as movers, creators, and collaborators. Instructors will ensure the safety of students at all times, following best practices for skill-progression, spotting, and safety procedures; as well as best practices for access and inclusion. As appropriate, teachers will communicate with parents or guardians to ensure best possible outcomes in the class environment and communicate with administrative staff regarding equipment, enrollment, logistics and administrative issues.
- Movement or circus experience as described above
- Movement or circus teaching experience in any setting
- CPR certification is desirable, required for solo teaching
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent creative problem solving skills and adaptability
- Ability to be active, including lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, squatting, jumping
- Comfortable with heights and ladders
- Experience working with diverse populations of students, including but not limited to neurodivergent, disabled, underserved, and disenfranchised students.
Hours and pay
Pay is $18-$30/hour depending on experience. ETC staff are able to attend staff training, open gyms, and conditioning classes free of charge and receive one free class series per term. Hours vary by term, but generally range from 2 to 15 hours per week. Classes may take place from 7 am to 9pm every day of the week, with the bulk of programming in the afternoon and evenings Monday to Saturday.
To apply, please send your resume and brief cover letter highlighting relevant experience or certifications to email@example.com, 971-267-ECHO, or 1515 SE 37th Ave, Portland, OR 97214.
Are you a current employee looking for our staff resources page? Click here.