Echo Theater has served as a hub of arts and culture in the iconic Hawthorne District of Portland for over 30 years. ETC strives to shine a light on the strength in each one of us, and remind us that when we trust and rely on one another, we can accomplish the extraordinary.
Our multi-generational focus and accessible location makes us well-suited for volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. We are fun place for families and people of all developmental and physical disabilities to engage in community.
We have a variety of opportunities available:
- Join the Board of Directors
- Usher at a performance
- Serve on an event committee
- Help at an outreach event
- Assist in the office
Interested in joining our community? Please email us at:
hello [at] echotheaterpdx [dot] org
What does it mean to join the Board?
The Board works closely with the ETC leadership team on strategic planning, fundraising, and outreach initiatives. Collaboration is one of our principal values and we model that in our board meetings. The current goal of the board is to expand the reach of ETC programming, and diversification of funding streams, to continue stabilizing the organization. Mirroring our organizational inclusion initiative, the board will be using the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion as they recruit new members to the board. The Board meets 8-10 times a year. Board members are encouraged to attend events, shows, and even our classes throughout the year.
Criteria for all Board Members:
- Strong personal enthusiasm for ETC’s artistic and educational vision
- Commitment to contribute at personally significant level – suggested give or get of $1000 annually. This includes in-kind support.
- Integrity and reliability
We are especially interested in candidates who have experience in one of the following:
- Financial management expertise
- Professional legal experience in relevant areas (i.e. labor law, contract law, real estate law)
- Commercial real estate expertise
- Experience in child development, education, arts programming and/or arts education
- Organizational development, strategic planning skills
- Communications, marketing experience
- Information technology background
- History of success in fund raising